Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 6 Prayer - Hope

Dear Lord, what I really want to pray right now is that You would protect my girls.  That You would keep them from all harm.  But I also know that all of us will experience trials and sorrow.  They are a guarantee in life in this broken, broken world.  I know my best efforts to pray for protection from evil, from physical harm, from abuse and from so many of the awful things in this world are heard by Your ears.  You will protect them and lead them and guide them.  I pray that they look to You in every and all situations.  But more than the protection I desire for my girls I pray that You would produce in them an everlasting HOPE! A hope that comes in the darkness when all seems lost. A hope that reaches into the crevices and barren places of the soul.  A hope that overcomes the world. (John 16:33) You oh Lord are that Hope! I pray with everything I am that I am willing to give testimony to the Hope You have given me. (1 Peter 3:15) Let Your hope, Your love, Your faithfulness transcend and surpass any of life's circumstances.  You alone are my Rock and my Redeemer. May Your name be praised forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...