So, last week we focused on the letter E for preschool and I made up a game for the girls to play. Here is how it works and how you can make the same game to play with your kids.
1. Oatmeal canister (empty of course)
2. Gray paint
3. Ears for the side (I printed and used these but you could easily make your own)
4. Toilet paper roll
5. Peanuts (I used real but you could use packing peanuts or paper peanuts)
6. Cards numbered 1-6
First we painted the canister and toilet paper roll. As we let it dry we colored the ears. When the paint was dry I cut slits in the side to insert the ears and I cut a hole to put in the elephant trunk.
To play the game:
1. Have a card with the numbers 1-6 written on it.
2. Each person rolls the die and counts the number rolled.
3. They put the same number of peanuts in the trunk of the elephant that the die says.
4. Place a peanut as a marker to mark which number you rolled.
4. The winner is the first person to roll each number on the die (1-6).
Fun for all of us. This will definitely come out of the closet again for fun game that includes math and identification of numbers.