Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Winter Imagination Sensory Bin


Here is what I included in our Winter Imagination/Sensory Bin:

White Rice (snow)
Blue Glass Beads (ice)
Cotton Balls (snowballs)
Snowflake cut outs (from some leftover winter paper plates) and some snowflakes from the winter printables at 1+1+1.
A few pine cones
Some snowflake buckets for scooping and collecting (from Dollar General after Christmas sale)
***As a special effect I covered the bottom of our bin with some cellophane snowflake bags so when all the rice is moved away or push to one side they have a nice winter feel to the bin itself.***



I included spoons for scooping and tongs for picking up the "snowballs" (cotton balls).

So far the girls have enjoyed playing in "winter woods" as much as they enjoyed playing in "autumn woods" and kept the fairy theme going.

To keep the fairy theme going we played hide and seek with some small Tinkerbell fairies we have. Here is Emma finding one of them. This was a form of entertainment for quite some time.



I love sensory bins and should make them every month but for now I will make them for each season and then throw some extras in whenever I feel like it.



Please feel free to leave me links in the comments to your sensory bin ideas so I can have more ideas. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...