Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Preschool - Letter B

Still working out the kinks of a new routine but this week went better than last. I had a great time working one-on-one with Emma. It is amazing just how bright she is as she has learned right alongside her older sister for a couple years now. She is loving her school time and absolutely adores being my only focus.

What we did

Letter B is for bugs.

Letter B craft.

Books included:

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly
There's a ladybug in my book
Five little lady bugs
The Grouchy Ladybug

Library books:
The very quiet Cricket
The Very Busy Spider
Diary of a Fly
Where's the fly?
The Bugliest Bug

Activities:

After reading the ladybug books we used some ladybugs I had made. (round circle with small black circles for the top.) We did several math and number activities with these.

I also did several of the activities from this website for The Very Busy Spider and The Very Quiet Cricket. I also did a musical activity for the Very Quiet Cricket where I got out all of the instruments we have and allowed the girls to play an instrument to represent the sound each of the bugs made. The girls loved this activity.

That wraps up week 2 and once again no pictures. I am already having so much fun with letter C and have already snapped a few pictures to post next week of some of our letter C fun. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun week! Visiting from Preschool Corner. Will look forward to seeing your C week and photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...