Monday, January 9, 2012

Words of encouragement

I have long thought that my oldest daughter is a quality time person like me (five love languages) but after a recent comment about when I was going to write another note to put in her mailbox I began to see just how much she loves words of encouragement. 

This last week of the gentleness challenge has been eye opening and great.  Each member of our family is totally on board.  Posting scriptures from Proverbs all around our house I recognize we are constantly reminded to make sure our words are wise and bring healing to one another.  I am encouraged by the girls ability to memorize and review scripture.  I even heard Lydia in her room one day singing a song with Proverbs 12:18.  It was sweet to hear her putting her own melody to the words that are life giving.

This week as we continue the gentleness challenge with Courtney from Women Living Well I am focusing on encouraging words and notes to my family members.  I started a Mama and Me journal book with Lydia and can't wait to see her reaction and her first entries into the world of journaling and letter writing.  I hope we can fill that book and many others with questions, hopes, dreams, encouragement and words that build up rather than tear down.

Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...