Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5 Prayer - Purpose

Obviously I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant. Galatians 1:10

Lord, it is so difficult at times not to go looking for our worth, significance and purpose in other people.  I pray that Lydia and Emma would not get caught in the comparison trap but would look to You for fulfillment and satisfaction.  I know that You want to work this out in my life as well so that I can model this type of God-honoring life in front of thier watching eyes.  Glorious Father, guide Lydia, Emma and myself to desire Your approval and help us to remember that bringing Glory to Your name is our highest purpose. Amen.


At times, when it comes to praying for our children the message is just as much for ourselves as it is for them.  Their eyes are always watching, observing and learning which means we need to desire God to do in our lives that which we plead for Him to do in their lives.  Thanks for reading and be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...